[TowerTalk] Discoverer 7-2 or Cushcraft xm-240

Paul Staupe staupe at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 14:17:52 EDT 2014

Glen,

I've had an XM-240 with the W6NL modifications that several of us did as a
YCCC club project.  The modifications were well worth it. It's been up for
over two years at 97' and hasn't moved at all even though we have had
several major windstorms.  I had to trust that the instructions would be
correct regarding SWR because I had to assemble it at the top of the tower
because of all the trees.  Worked perfectly, flat SWR across the band and
great performance on 40.  I couldn't be more enthusiastic about the antenna.

73,

Paul W0AD
Eden Prairie, MN