[TowerTalk] HexBeam question

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Sun Mar 23 14:48:32 EDT 2014

The K4KIO Hex Beam is offered configured for your choice of either of
two sizes hardware, I asked for the larger two inch version for mine.
Up/down size adapting is not difficult. More "standard" installs would
probably not ask for the 2 inch size but I wanted to mount my rotor near
the bottom of the movable section of my two section crank-up tower and
run a thin wall galvanized torque tube up the inside of the mast to turn
the Hex. This keeps the weight of the rotor at or below the guy point
which is the top of the fixed tower section and keeps the rotor within
reach for maintenance. Thin wall galvanized tubing used in chain link
fencing is what I want to use.  Fence post material is a close
telescoping fit for top runner material so reinforcing the tubing in the
"bending" zone near the top is easy.

73,

Patrick NJ5G