[TowerTalk] 75 or 70 Ohm twinlead or ladderline cable - does it exist?

Tom Osborne w7why at frontier.com
Tue Mar 25 12:31:39 EDT 2014

On 3/24/2014 2:03 PM, donhall161 wrote:
> Way back in the day "zip cord" was the common name for AC line cord.
> Brown, parallel conductors.
>
> Yes, it was sometines used as a feed line. As K9YC indicated there was a
> product sold as 75 transmission line.
>
> 73  Don  K5AQ

I remember good old 'twisted pair' that we used 'back in the day.'  I
had a Heathkit AT-1 and just bend one wire and stuck it inside the coax
jack and taped the other wire to the outside of the coax jack.

Who knew about PL-259's and SWR back then :-)  Think the twisted pair
was about 75 ohms.  73
Tom W7WHY