[TowerTalk] 75 or 70 Ohm twinlead or ladderline cable - does it exist?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Mar 25 19:42:43 EDT 2014

On 3/25/2014 3:53 PM, Jim Lux wrote:
> Perhaps for AWG 16 magnet wire or something.. but for  AWG24, it's
> about 100 ohms (e.g. Cat 5 is specified at 100 ± 15 ohms)

Jim,

I was specifically thinking of beefy copper, #10 or #12. I've measured
12-2 THHN stranded twisted pair at roughly 55 ohms. Twisted pair used
for audio is the the range of 70 ohms.

With respect to Steve's loss measurements -- that correlates reasonably
well with Belden's data for their 8210 72 ohm "kilowatt twin lead,"
which shows very low loss (better than RG8/213) at low frequencies, but
rising compared to that coax above 14 MHz.

73, Jim K9YC