[TowerTalk] Wired Anemometer for Tower?

GARY HUBER glhuber at msn.com
Fri May 2 20:52:18 EDT 2014

I do NOT get a percentage except by the taxes paid to the local school
districts and township roads by the wind farm operators. Our local radio
club was given a tour of the wind farm by their public relations manager who
happened to have at least one wind generator on her own farm. She took us to
that generator so that we could see it close up at the base, both inside and
out. Each wind generator has its own anemometer as the generator's blades
only turn within a fairly narrow wind speed range and with a more or less
constant speed. The generator's blades have a prop pitch motor /sensor to
maintain the constant speed within the rated wind variation as determined by
the anemometer. When the wind speed exceeds the safe rating, the generator
is shut down.

The zoning distance limits in our area are based on the maximum distance the
blades may sling ice plus 150%...
73 & DX,
Gary - AB9M