[TowerTalk] In Shack Tuner Vs. Remote Tuner for Multi-BandAntennas

WA3GIN in King George, VA wa3gin at comcast.net
Sat May 3 07:47:18 EDT 2014

When did matchbox or coupler get replaced with tuner?

I thought a tuner was what was used to TUNE-IN AM and FM broadcast stations
or one TUNES a VFO --- aren't these devices coupling RF from the feed-line
to the feed-point of the antenna?  They aren't adjusting the resonance of
the antenna, so what are they tuning?  ;-))

Have Fun,
dave
wa3gin