[TowerTalk] Tuning Fan Dipoles?

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Sun May 4 18:48:41 EDT 2014

Thanks to Dan AC6LA, who recently posted the Cebik article link that
explains a good way to model fan dipoles.

Cebik article on using "zero" length transmission lines to connect fan elements:
http://www.antennex.com/w4rnl/col0507/amod111.html

In the past, couldn't get sensible results from EZNEC, even Pro4, with
my fan dipole models. Converting to the transmission line feed method
between dipoles yielded a model that is very close to an 80-40-20 built
with cut and try methods.  Hooray!  Now I can move resonances around as
I need without multi cut and solder iterations.

I use solid grey PVC 1/2" square rods to space the dipole ends and a
1/4" thick acrylic sheet 6 x 12" to space the center feed points. These
materials are sun resistant and sturdy.

Grant KZ1W