[TowerTalk] FW: In Shack Tuner Vs. Remote Tuner for Multi-Band Antennas

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon May 5 15:53:18 EDT 2014

On 5/4/2014 12:44 PM, Tony wrote:
> How does the ladder line doublet antenna effect the patterns on
> different bands? I suspect that the patterns can get somewhat chaotic
> on the upper HF bands with say an 80 through 10 meter doublet?

It's not the "ladder line" that determines the pattern, it's the length
of the antenna as fractions of a wavelength. Open your copy of the ARRL
Handbook to Chapter 21 (Antennas). In the 2010 edition that I'm looking
at right now, these patterns are shown by Figures 21.27, 21.28, and 21.29.

Don't have a copy? Run, don't walk, to your favorite buying place and
get one. NO ham should be without The ARRL Handbook.

73, Jim K9YC