[TowerTalk] ROHN TOWER BOLTS

Tom Nicholson Gunsrus1942 at Comcast.net
Wed May 7 16:41:00 EDT 2014

NO FLAMES HERE!

Here is what I have for choices:

Not the average Home Depot / Lowes "Stuff"

A286 Super Alloy—With approximately 26% nickel and 15% chrome, this
iron-based super alloy brings you the strength of alloy steel with
corrosion resistance similar to 18-8 stainless steel. It meets ASTM A453
Grade 660 and is not magnetic. Screws have a minimum Rockwell hardness
of C31 and minimum tensile strength of 140,000 psi.

17-4 PH Stainless Steel Alloy—Combines the high strength of alloy steel
with the corrosion resistance of stainless steel. It meets ASTM F593
Grade 630 and is magnetic. Screws have a minimum Rockwell hardness of
C31 and minimum tensile strength of 140,000 psi.

Alloy 20 Stainless Steel—Also known as Carpenter 20 screws. With
excellent resistance to sulfuric acid, these screws have a minimum
tensile strength of 80,000 psi.

I also have a choice of 18-8 or 316 SS Nylon lock nuts.

Tom W1ALZ