[TowerTalk] Buring Bury-Flex

Larry Banks larryb.w1dyj at verizon.net
Sat May 10 10:13:01 EDT 2014

Hi Patrick,

You have partially answered my question, thank you.  Many others have sent
good ideas but no one has answered my question yet.  Some additional
comments about this installation:

    * Given that Bury-Flex is fine under water, and I will only be
protecting part of the run, the ends will be open and underground.
Therefore I can guarantee that there will be water in the conduit which by
itself is not an issue. I don't even plan on cementing the connections
between the 10' sections, elbows, etc.
    * I'm not worried about heat.
    * Your statement "If your PVC filled with water, froze, and burst the
coax would likely not be harmed" is key .  If it were true I would have my
answer.  I have seen no information that shows that the PVC would burst
before the coax was crushed.
    * I must have some protection where the coax comes out from the ground
and up the mast for weed-whackers, etc., so some amount of conduit is a
must.  Granted, being vertical, this portion would most likely drain. just
fine.

Thanks again to everyone who has sent ideas.  I may just do it and see what
happens over the next few years!

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ