[TowerTalk] 2m intermod filter placement

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sun May 11 16:16:21 EDT 2014

On 5/11/14, 12:01 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

> It depends on whether the preamp is generating the intermod or the
> IC-9100 is generating the intermod.  If the intermod is due to mixing
> in the IC-9100's internal preamp, put the notch filter between the
> LNA and IC-9100 so it does not impact the system noise figure.

worth trying for a quick initial test. The filter in front of the LNA
will degrade the noise figure a bit (or a lot.. what's the loss of the
filter at 144 MHz?)

  But I'm going to bet that the odds are that the intermod is in the LNA;
if the signals are strong enough that he's getting intermod in the 9100,
he doesn't need the LNA, or it has too much gain (and then, put a pad in
series between lna and rx)