[TowerTalk] Buring Bury-Flex

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Tue May 13 04:47:01 EDT 2014

On 5/12/2014 9:27 PM, Steve Maki wrote:
> Sure everyone knows how to glue pipe together, and for short straight
> runs it's easily doable, leaving aside the issue of sealing the ends.

Being somewhat more than a little lazy, I prefer to do long runs out of
the trench.  Generally I find the lay of the trench and conduit rather
arbitrary.  Certainly not precise except at the ends of both.  I
assemble the conduit to one side of the trench, "modeling" the trench
with the ends only slid together in such a fashion as to be a bit
adjustable and sealed at the final installation. I lay plastic along the
trench, lay the pipe on the plastic with overlaps included.  There's no
need to mark ant pieces except those to be cut as the female pieces are
already factory marked.  I'll spend an hour to save 5 minutes worth of
work.  I did say I was lazy!<:-))
http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/cablebox.htm  Last 6 photos show
how I do it whether long or short runs.  The only difference is whether
they are glued or not.

73

Roger (K8RI)