[TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotors

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Wed May 14 20:57:53 EDT 2014

I did get the 2800SDX controller working properly with a G1000 rotator,
interesting that the 2800 controller has the ramp down speed to stop
logic/ckts in it and they work ok also.

However, somewhere along the way the rotator was put together with the
CW/CCW stop switches not aligned with the internal pot.  Before I take
it apart (again) to retime it, are there any instructions/posts about
how to get that set properly?  i.e. going CCW I run out of needle
movement at 220 deg and the rotator continues to 180 deg and the switch
stop.  Since many of the bearing balls always end up loose, I'd rather
do this accurately than several trials to retime it.

Note to self - always mark top and bottom case alignments before
loosening screws!

btw the mini-Molex connectors on some of the controllers end up with
weak/sprung pins, another PITA.  Someday, I'll convert all of them and
the cables to a decent connector.

Grant KZ1W