[TowerTalk] Tower safety harness

Tom_N2SR via TowerTalk towertalk at contesting.com
Mon May 19 16:40:00 EDT 2014

Dave Hawes, N3RD and I got ours through KC1XX.  They are full body harnesses, made in Germany, and are rated rescue harnesses.  They have a fall arrest hook, and the part that I like is they have a infinitely adjustable rope lanyard.  That is, it's a special "clamp" that you can pull the end of the lanyard to shorten it, but you have to squeeze the clamp to loosen the lanyard.  The end of the lanyard is a "rope ball" that will not pull through the clamp.

At the time, about 14 years ago, they were almost $400.  But as someone said, how much is your life worth?

Tom, N2SR