[TowerTalk] Hy Gain Element to Boom Clamp conversion

George Dubovsky n4ua.va at gmail.com
Wed May 28 07:25:07 EDT 2014

Herb,

Lawson, "Yagi Antenna Design" , and later Leeson, "Physical Design of Yagi
Antennas" (both ARRL publications, but probably now out of print), cover
the calculation of the electrical length of the HyGain clamps, and Leeson
also calculates the equivalent parameters for other boom-to-element schemes
in common use (Chapter 9). That would be a great starting point. Beezley
(?) also included the HyGain clamp calculations in his YO (Yagi Optimizer)
design program.

If you don't have access to any of those resources, I can attempt to
summarize the pertinent details.

73,

geo - n4ua