[TowerTalk] Concrete in the wrong place.

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Sun Nov 2 19:25:45 EST 2014

I have installed three Universal bases in the last 35 years. I never covered
up anything, the "hinge" area should be above the concrete line.  If it is
too low then it will not tilt and the aluminum will be in concrete which is
not a good thing. If there is just a little splash that is stopping it from
tilting than it should be easy to chop off.  If it is more involved than
that, tipping the tower is not necessary. You can install the reaming tower
sections using a gin pole. I have done this and it is very easy since the
sections are so light. BTW I would fill the steel legs that are in the
concrete with concrete or they will fill with water.

73,
John KK9A