[TowerTalk] Rotor cable / Steppir cable connectors

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Thu Nov 6 09:05:01 EST 2014

Why do you need a quick disconnect. All of the rotators that I use have
screw terminals and I just connect the five wires directly to the device.
On some units this is connection is enclosed and out of the elements. On
my prop pitches it is external so I coated them with liquid tape which is
easy to chip off should it need service. Disconnecting the wires would be
the easy part of removing the 50-70 pound rotators.

This subject comes up very often on towertalk and there are many
suggestions in the archives. Probably the most common method is a trailer
style connector.

John KK9A