[TowerTalk] RMC-1000 remote - what type of cable to run?

Howard W6HDG W6HDG at arrl.net
Thu Nov 6 13:45:33 EST 2014

Ray,
I just joined the list today so hope I am
responding properly.  Thanks for the pics.  Are
your MARB and MAF parts from 40 years ago as
well?  They look brand new.  Very nice job on your base.

I'm in Poway north of San Diego.  It has been
less than 2 months since our new antenna
ordinance has gone into effect - see page 81 in
Nov QST.  This will be my very first tower.

I have power nearby.  I'll attach a pic of my
base and see if it gets to the group.  This was
from last week before the forms got removed.  US
Tower wants the steel template to stay put for 24
hours after the pour, so you can see the elevated
frame which allowed the concrete to be troweled smooth underneath.

Two questions for you - are you going to put
non-shrink grout under the base as US Tower
suggests?  And how do you keep the exposed base
threads from rusting? Mine are already starting.

Howard W6HDG