[TowerTalk] Issue with new gearbox on HDX689

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Mon Nov 10 12:13:21 EST 2014

Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2014 19:59:28 -0800
From: Robert Harmon <k6uj at pacbell.net>
To: "towertalk at contesting.com" <towertalk at contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Issue with new gearbox on HDX689

Rich,

I want to change the gear oil in my HDX689 gear box also.
How much of the Mobil gear oil does the gear box take ?

Bob
K6UJ

## I had notes on that..since I own a 5000 lb, old style HDX-689.
I believe if you had dino oil in the gearbox... and wanted to switch to
synthetic, after draining the old stuff,   you need to use some special
flushing compound 1st.    Then after flushing done, and drained,
the synthetic can be added.

##  Damn, I cant find my note on qty.  I believe its on hub citys
website for each model.

##  BTW,,, what diam is your big pulley, that’s on the input to the
gearbox ?

Jim   VE7RF