[TowerTalk] A4S questions/INFO

Yuri ve3dz at rigexpert.net
Mon Nov 10 17:12:47 EST 2014

I have Cushcraft A4S which I haven't been using for a while. It worked perfectly and was tuned to CW portion of the 20,15 and 10 m bands.
Few days ago I noticed that SWR on 10 meters went up (to approximately 4:1) and antenna started to resonate well above 29.0 MHz. At the same time the resonant frequency moved higher on 15 m, but is still tolerable in the CW portion (1.6:1).
20 m remains unchanged.
I took it down today and examined the traps. They all look O.K. except I found few small spider nests inside. Also checked them for dc which appears to be fine.
It's on the step ladders about 7 feet above ground level now.
Is there anything I can do? Anybody experienced same problem before?
Any tip would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Yuri  VE3DZ