[TowerTalk] Regarding Rohn HDBX48 tower spec's.

Bill Turner dezrat at outlook.com
Sat Nov 15 04:53:16 EST 2014

On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 03:34:26 -0500, you wrote:

>Personally, I do not like climbing them.  I get a very insecure feeling
>even though it's rated for my weight.

REPLY:

The first tower I ever climbed was an HDBX48 and I remember it well.
Being a total newbie at tower climbing, about halfway up I thought I
was going to die. I didn't know how exactly, whether I would fall off
or the tower would fall over or what, but I was sure this was going to
be my last few minutes on earth.

Needless to say, nothing happened.  I have climbed many towers since,
including some much taller ones but that first time was unforgettable.
73, Bill W6WRT