[TowerTalk] detuning the tower

Robert Harmon k6uj at pacbell.net
Wed Nov 19 22:42:25 EST 2014

I am experimenting with a flag antenna and it is 55 feet from the vertical leg of my 160 inverted L which is suspended from near the top of my motorized tower.  I am getting coupling I believe from the tower or L which is  deteriorating the pattern of the flag.  I am planning to try detuning the tower or L and see what happens.
Any one has a flag close to the tower and had success ?  I am afraid that on my small lot I may not be able to detune with the flag
this close.

thanks,
Bob
K6UJ