[TowerTalk] Cordless solder irons

Bill Turner dezrat at outlook.com
Thu Nov 20 13:56:24 EST 2014

On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 09:21:49 -0800, you wrote:

>So, Roger and Bill, what are the industry, trade or government documents
>that you state require only crimping of RF connections in the aircraft and
>marine industry?????
>
>Don W7WLL

REPLY:

Before I retired I was a Manufacturing Engineer for a supplier to
Boeing in Seattle and Boeing's requirements were for crimped
connections wherever vibration or flexing was expected, I.e. cables.

As to marine requirements, I heard it from a boatyard operator by word
of mouth in the Seattle area, but I never did see actual
documentation. He was quite firm about it and it makes perfect sense,
at least to me.

73, Bill W6WRT