[TowerTalk] N6BT, Force12inc and JK Antennas

Bob via TowerTalk towertalk at contesting.com
Fri Nov 21 12:37:50 EST 2014

Tim...

After being away from the hobby for way too long, I'm looking to get back
in with a decent tribander ( Force 12 C-31/Optibeam,  etc far too expensive
), but most of the things out there are either old technology, or 2
element,  short boom offerings.

Not that long ago, long boom/computer optimizing of old designs was all the
 rage, especially monoband ( especially the old Long John series ).

I am wondering why 'JK' doesn't offer a decent, multiband, antenna with 3-4
 elements ( for 20-15 meters ) with the same attention to detail and
pricing (  scaled  accordingly ) as the Navassa5 ?

It seems to me to be a lot of demand for that animal as not everyone is
looking for a small antenna to show off in a golf bag.

Bob _ww4t at aol.com_ (mailto:ww4t at aol.com)

k3lr at k3lr.com writes:

Hello  John:

I work at DX Engineering, so maybe I can help clarify a  bit.

You know I love antennas and I really loved the TX-38. It was a  super
performer (10 meters was really good), I used it on Field Day for two  years
with a triplexer - it was awesome! However, for the reasons several  guys
have pointed out here it did not sell well (even with deep  discount
incentives). Many guys choose the Bencher Skyhawk - a larger  alternative to
the TX-38 with more performance "bang". 8P5A and many others  love the
Skyhawk!

The latest "hot" high quality 5 bander  (20,17,15,12 and 10) with a 6 meter
add on (makes it 6 bands on one short  boom) is the JK NAVASSA5. You can see
it  here.

http://www.dxengineering.com/parts/jka-navassa5

73,
Tim  K3LR