[TowerTalk] Yagi gain vs rotary dipole.

Gene Smar ersmar at verizon.net
Mon Nov 24 13:36:47 EST 2014

Jim T.:

     I concur that 'AX and 'LXC's book is well worth the price.  It convinced me to go with the Bencher Skyhawk vs the F12 offerings at that time.  (Same specs, lower $.)

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F

On 11/24/14, Jim Brown wrote:

On Mon,11/24/2014 8:37 AM, Jim Thomson wrote:
> k, forget FB and FS for this exercise. Has anybody actually measured the gain of a yagi vs something like a rotary dipole.... at the same height ?

As I recall, that was part of the testing of a dozen of so Yagis that
N0AX and K7LXC did about 15 years ago. I've loaned my copy of the report
to my neighbor, W6GJB. You can buy it for about $25 from Champion Radio
Products. Well worth the cost.

73, Jim K9YC