[TowerTalk] Coax loss. Has anybody measured it ?

Yan (XV4Y) xv4y at nature-mekong.com
Mon Nov 24 23:29:05 EST 2014

Go for a "tower-mounted shack" and you will even solve the feed lines losses we're talking about in another thread.

By the way. That's what we do for medium-power microwave telecommunication equipments. The "feeders" only see a small signal IF, and all the "power stuff" is up-there close to the antenna system.
For high power you still prefer to have in a safe place and run hard lines or better waveguides.
Perhaps it's easier to do maintenance on heavy tubes amplifiers on the ground rather than up on the top of the tower...

73,
Yan.
---
Yannick DEVOS - XV4Y