[TowerTalk] Best Balun

Herbert Schoenbohm herbert.schoenbohm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 20:02:45 EST 2014

Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions (many off line) for a better
balun than my BN-86's.  I just ordered from Force 12  (Chip K7JA) their
bead balun model EB-1 as this is easier for me to install on the boom
compared to the Comtek boxed unit which also looked very good with their
specs..

On a related balun question...many years ago before beads were easily
obtained some hams claimed that their solution was to run there coax
though a piece of PVC tubing loaded full of  steel wool and then
sealed.  Just curious if that idea ever had any real value to try or was
this just an unsupported claim.  Somebody must have run tests on this
perhaps.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ