[TowerTalk] Quadcopter

Mickey Baker fishflorida at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 15:22:43 EDT 2014

Funny you should ask...

I flew mine over the top of an 80 foot palm with 12 pound monofilament this
morning to use as a messenger for heavier line.  It was risky, but worked
perfectly. No release point. I figured that worse case, in the event of a
hang up, I could turn off GPS MODE and let the battery die and lower the
quad with the line.

73,

Mickey N4MB

On Saturday, October 4, 2014, Lew Sayre <lew at dsl-only.net> wrote:

> Has anybody here devised a way to use a quadcopter with some sort of
> release relay to put a light line over a tall tree for a wire antenna?
> I've used a pneumatic gun in the past with great success but wonder if the
> quadcopter might be a bit more accurate way to get maximum height out of
> the tree.
>    Thanks,
> 73 and I remain,
>    Lew    W7EW

Mickey Baker, N4MB
Fort Lauderdale, FL
*“Tell me, and I will listen. Show me, and I will understand. Involve me,
and I will learn.” *Teton Lakota, American Indian Saying.