[TowerTalk] Anchor Bolt Material

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Thu Oct 16 01:48:16 EDT 2014

On 10/15/2014 11:30 AM, Jon Pearl - W4ABC wrote:
> That's exactly what I was thinking, Gerald.

I may have missed it, but one very important factor is how deep are the
holes and how deep are they supposed to be?  If not deep enough the
clearance becomes a lesser problem.

As far as threaded bushings, they are very easy to make if you have a
lathe of sufficient size. Threads can be tapped, cut, or rolled, For a
deep bushing, it's probably easiest to cut the threads. Rolled are the
strongest and smoothest, but not for a low timer.

73

Roger (K8RI)