[TowerTalk] Anchor Bolt Material

Charles Gallo charlie at thegallos.com
Thu Oct 16 08:54:20 EDT 2014

Be a bit careful in your analysis. Bolts usually have a rolled and or forged thread (well, hot or cold rolled). Cut threads are measurably weaker than a rolled thread. Some machine shops CAN roll a thread, but not all, and they will cut the thread. Generally this is fine, but if it is near the limits (not a good idea anyway, safety factors are a good thing) it can be an issue

--
73 de KG2V
Charlie