[TowerTalk] FW: Difference in TailTwister and Ham 4 torque values

K7LXC--- via TowerTalk towertalk at contesting.com
Tue Oct 21 14:10:38 EDT 2014

>>>  My question, and I have searched, what is the  difference in
starting/running torque between the Ham 4 and  TailTwister?

>  There is no difference in torque output between the Ham IV  and the Tail
Twister.

    Wrong. On page 154 in my UP THE TOWER book,  the comparison table of
rotators has the Ham IV with 800 inch/pounds of rotating  torque while the T2X
has 1000 inch/pounds - a slight improvement. These are  manufacturer's
specs.

>  Both use the same drive motor and running gear ratios.  The  Tail
Twister has a stronger rotor housing, improved mounting  fastener
arrangement, and a stronger brake wedge setup.

    In some instances, they use the same parts.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH
and