[TowerTalk] Cadweld vs clamps

Bill Turner dezrat at outlook.com
Sat Oct 25 19:13:16 EDT 2014

On Sat, 25 Oct 2014 13:37:19 -0700, David wrote:

>Lightning may not care about a half ohm resistance, but anything else
>that might care about the volt drop across a half ohm at currents
>typical in a lightning discharge sure as hell would.

REPLY:

Pray tell, what else do you have connected to the hot side of the
ground rod? When lightning is near I disconnect everything.

And what about the resistance of the earth itself? Even if your ground
rod connection is perfect, the earth itself has resistance and if you
are foolish enough to provide a path between your lightning ground rod
and some other ground, current will flow between them.

73, Bill W6WRT