[TowerTalk] Long pole / simple, tall construction for small antenna

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 26 13:10:53 EDT 2014

I can't speak for the list, but I think it's a safe bet that very few,
if anyone, here has constructed their own tower from scratch as you
propose. Most of us use engineered towers. If you want any kind of
permanence and to also avoid liability for a structural failure that
could injure someone or damage property, you should probably go that
route. Often used towers in good condition can be had at a very good
price, so to save money you could start there. If you have no knowledge
of tower installations or methods, you need to hire someone to do the
engineering and work.

Kim N5OP

--

Kim Elmore, Ph.D. (Adj. Assoc. Prof., OU School of Meteorology, CCM, PP
SEL/MEL/Glider, N5OP, 2nd Class Radiotelegraph, GROL)

/"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in
practice, there is." //-- Attributed to many people; it's so true that
it doesn't matter who said it./