[TowerTalk] keeping the bands quiet: 12 KW PV array

James Wolf jbwolf at comcast.net
Tue Oct 28 13:45:47 EDT 2014

One of our subcontractors used Outback power equipment on a few special
builds for us.
One system was  1.7 - 200 MHz.  It was very clean.
http://www.outbackpower.com/

** I don't  have a financial or any other stake in this
** It was about 7 years ago now.

Jim - KR9U

After completing my 6.6 kW solar plant, and being initially bitterly
disappointed with the HF noise it generated, is to recommend only the use of
equipment that has an FCC Part 15 B rating. Also, if possible, keep your
antenna as far from the plant as you can. I won't go into all the boring
details of how I got the noise down to an acceptable level, but it nearly
doubled the effort. My chargers and inverters do not have any FCC rating -
big mistake.