[TowerTalk] [Bulk] My hole is angled. :(

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Tue Oct 28 14:39:14 EDT 2014

Why fill them with expensive concrete when "soil cement" would do the job or
fill with debris (scrap reclaimed concrete rubble)_ and then pour in
concrete with a water reducer plasticizer additive to make it easy for the
pour to get into the nooks and crannies?  Once you have filled the tank with
low compressibility material its walls would not "give" to external
pressures generated by a near by tower base.

I suppose this is when you tell me there was no clearance to get a dump
truck to the tanks location and the extended chute (or concrete pump) was
the only practical solution.

With only 6 inches of soil over the tank(s) then during a dry spell the
tank(s) will probably "print through."

Patrick NJ5G