[TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: 4:1 balun questions KT-34XA

Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk towertalk at contesting.com
Wed Oct 29 21:22:22 EDT 2014

Maybe I remember the length wrong. I am not at my shack right now. I do remember using 25 feet of coax. Do to the capacitive coupling between the turns, the Z goes down for higher frequencies.

In order to improve the higher frequency response I separated the turns slightly in one end of the coil, thereby reducing the capacitance between the turns.

I, originally, was intending to wind several coils for the different bands but found this coil to cover it all.

Hans - N2JFS