[TowerTalk] One off balun question

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Fri Oct 31 12:43:26 EDT 2014

Gerald,

I measured the choke resonant frequency using a 2-port VNA S21 measurement.

I then calculated what the choke series-equivalent resistance and
inductance would be at that resonant frequency using a combination of
Fair-Rite's u' and u'' figures, and a 2-turn impedance measurement.

Finally I calculated what the parallel capacitance would need to be to
resonate that impedance at the measured frequency.

Steve G3TXQ