[TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: tower insulators

Martin A Flynn maflynn at theflynn.org
Mon Sep 1 13:40:04 EDT 2014

I will be on site with Matthew and Art doing a bit of work on the
station itself, so anytime after 10:00 would work.

Re the insulator:   I   used a grinder to split the metal loop end
fitting, leaving a bare fiberglass rod    It fits inside a section of
Rohn 25, so all I had to do was cross drill for bolts.  If I was doing
this again, I would use epoxy

Depending on your access to welding equipment*  you can make a base
plate has tabs to fit the fork end, or use a scrap section of tower and
repeat it what you did for the top.

73,
Martin Flynn
W2RWJ.

*Matthew N2UG welded the ladder rack in Radio Room II, so he might be
able to help