[TowerTalk] G-2800DXA lightning damage

Kenneth Goodwin krgoodwin at comcast.net
Thu Sep 4 17:01:42 EDT 2014

Plus the Green Heron uses transient-voltage-suppression (TVS) diodes which
blow after an event (> 20V on two lines >80V on two lines).  The diodes blow
(self-destruct) so they are easy to identify and don't degrade like MOVs.
With a near field hit last year, I lost all four TVS diodes even with a
PolyPhasor rotator line device installed at the single point ground
(although I'll admit I think the energy came thru the connections at the
computer since all of my USB connections went south).  Spending $5, I
installed four new diodes to repair the RT-21 controller.  Ken K5RG

Message: 2