[TowerTalk] Nicked with lawn mower

Chuck Smallhouse w7cs at theriver.com
Sun Sep 14 03:56:13 EDT 2014

I think that the best remedy is to use a length of heavy duty shrink
tubing, over the damaged section, with the meltable glue like
substance lining its inside.  I have heard that among other places,
that harbor Freight might carry some sizes of it.

I have used it for many years, to cover all of my outside exposed
coax connectors, even as large as 1 5/8" Heliax connectors.  I
purchased a large supply, that I'm still using, more than 20 years
ago.  I've never experienced any water intrusion when it has been used.

W7CS