[TowerTalk] Sad day - W9ZUC tower accident

Doug Renwick ve5ra at sasktel.net
Thu Sep 18 12:29:05 EDT 2014

Are you talking from experience or just speculating?  When climbing,
remember I said climbing, my 'free' hand is in close proximity to the tower
and if anything should happen to my other hand or feet, I can INSTANTLY grab
the tower with my free hand.  When moving a Gorilla hook your mental focus
has changed and you only have one hand on the tower.

Also remember I said 'if you can't free climb, you shouldn't be climbing'.
However you climb, free or assisted, you need to be in physical shape,
rested, and mentally focused.

Ask 'how many hams have fallen while climbing and have their fall aborted
with a Gorilla hook and fall arrest harness'?
Doug