[TowerTalk] Sad day

Nate Bargmann n0nb at n0nb.us
Fri Sep 19 06:10:26 EDT 2014

* On 2014 18 Sep 23:12 -0500, Roger (K8RI) on TT wrote:

> For several years there have been at least 3 wind farms in Gratiot county
> and a couple adjoining counties to the South. The towers are lighted at the
> top of the generator house, but the blades may reach 150 feet above that or
> about 400 ft AGL.  NONE of these farms are marked as no fly zones.

My information was second or third hand.  I'm not a pilot (never sat in
one of those seats) nor do I know a duster pilot that could verify it.

One thing I do know about the farm is that a state highway passes
through it and it desensed my mobile on 40m for a mile on either side
and all the way through it.  Glad I don't live in close proximity of it.

73, Nate