[TowerTalk] 58 M Freeclimb

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Mon Sep 29 09:33:34 EDT 2014

...and then there is the guy who always crosses the street mid-block and
never looks either way for traffic figuring he is agile and quick and
can dodge.  Because you usually can "get away" with something doesn't
make it safe.

I appreciate the athleticism but condemn the short sightedness which
could leave a widow and orphans.  What is the goal?  Safe tower
maintenance or a macho demo?  You are betting your life that there will
never be an oops.  Most of us have various kinds of insurance for fire,
theft, storm damage, etc. but fervently hope to not need it.  Few look
forward to needing/testing their safety gear but prudently use it.

Those who can't, criticize those who can.

I can but think it improvident to tempt fate unnecessarily.  Think risk vs gain.  You risk your life to gain what? A chance to be macho or save a few minutes.  Remember, s--t happens and frequently when you don't expect it.

Over heard at the wake... He didn't usually slip and fall...

73,

Patrick NJ5G (Yes, I wore seatbelts before it was the law.)