[TowerTalk] Antenna choices

jcjacobsen at q.com jcjacobsen at q.com
Tue Apr 7 08:43:07 EDT 2015

Interesting topic. Jim was questioning the data on the Tennadynne LPDA products.
<snip>

Yes, that's the real question. Part of that is to know the forward gain
of the T11. I see a single number for gain for an antenna that covers
two octaves of frequency. Somehow I don't trust that number on all
bands. Also, by the gain numbers (5.8 dBd, 7.94 dBi, 13.14 dBi @ 1
wavelength height)

the asterisk. <<<<<<<<<

<done>

At the very bottom of the page for Original Tennadynne products is this statement:

" *These gain figures are fictitious, but since other antenna manufacturers tend to use them to manipulate things in their favor by enhancing their specifications with phony data, we've added them so that you can get accurate comparisons. "

I have no connection with Tennadynne or any other antenna manufacturer.

73
K9WN Jake