[TowerTalk] antenna choices for K4XS

Bill via TowerTalk towertalk at contesting.com
Fri Apr 10 16:58:29 EDT 2015

Uh...., no.   I don't use a lot of Cushcraft  beams  for contesting.

I have exactly four Cushcraft beams, three of which are in a stack  for the
WARC bands.  The other is a little A-3 at 50 feet or so fixed at  135
degrees.

All the others for 10, 15, 20 and 40 are M2.

Since my call got mentioned, let me throw in my two cents.   Yes, antennas
have increased in price drastically over the last 10 years..close  to double
in some cases.  However, the cost of aluminum has gone up  drastically also.

Would I consider Cushcraft for my new station?  Yes, but only  for WARC
bands.  Their little A3WS is a killer when stacked.  For the  contest bands, I
want big antennas, which is not a forte of Cushcraft.  So  M2, Force 12 and
maybe Opti are on my short list.

K4XS/KH7XS....working on being a real KH7 again.

In a message dated 4/10/2015 8:21:11 P.M. Coordinated Universal Time,