[TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: antenna choices

Larry Banks larryb.w1dyj at verizon.net
Fri Apr 10 17:12:52 EDT 2015

I bought a Gotham V-80 vertical when I first became a ham in 1962.  The
advertised specs never mentioned the need for radials, etc.  I did better
"out-of-band" on 40M than "in-band" on the 80M novice band.  Got my only OO
report.  I also learned not to believe advertised antenna specs ever again.

And for an inexpensive all-band antenna, no one has yet mentioned the
various Hex antennas.  All quite good, low cost, and light weight.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ