[TowerTalk] antenna choices

Ron W8RJL youngron at verizon.net
Fri Apr 10 20:10:33 EDT 2015

Jim,

Yes, many refer to MFJ as Mighty Fine Junk but we can't all buy top of the
line. When I was a 15 year old ham kid I would have killed for a Collins
radio. The only hams in town with Collins was the doctors. My receiver was a
Hallicrafters S-76 and yes it I pounded on the table the frequency would
jump but I worked the world and was a happy camper. I even had a 6 meter
Benton Harbor Lunch Box which some might call a piece of junk but we sure
had a good time. MFJ fills a need, equipment that will do the job and is
within price reach of most hams. Yes I now own an Alpha and a SteppIR but I
also own some MFJ equipment that does the job. One final comment, not all
contesters are rich.

73,

Ron W8RJL