[TowerTalk] antenna choices for K4XS

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Apr 11 14:23:17 EDT 2015

On Sat,4/11/2015 4:52 AM, Bill via TowerTalk wrote:
> Bottom line, like Ed said...you can spend big bucks for antennas or  you
> can be resourceful and do it on the cheap, but still have a good  signal.

Yep. The only antenna I've bought new is my 3-el SteppIR. Everything
else I either bought used or built.

Much the same for rigs -- over the years, I've owned TS850, K2/100,
IC746, FT1000MP, Omni V, Ten Tec Titan amps, Ten Tec Herc II amp, Acom
1010 amp, and one of my K3s, all bought used. Indeed, the only rigs I've
bought new are a Ten Tec Omni A back in 1980, pair of loaded K3s and a
KPA500. Since 2005, I've mostly bought used Thinkpads off-lease.

73, Jim K9YC