[TowerTalk] Loosening Rusted Hardware

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Mon Apr 13 00:15:12 EDT 2015

It just says <25.   What is the volatility of that Hydrocarbon?

  Spray it on a flat surface and leave it out in the sun all day. How
much film is left?
I have never seen it remove corrosion other than a film of surface rust
that can be wiped off. , nor will it prevent steel from rusting on an
antenna.  Spray some steel U-bolts, and just hang them on a tower.  How
many days before they show signs of rust.  I recently rebuilt a damaged
antenna. About half the nuts twisted off the threaded portion.  WD40
didn't help. PB-Blaster did

73

Roger  (K8RI)