[TowerTalk] More from the M2 antennas quality control file

Lizeth Norman normanlizeth at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 18:42:36 EDT 2015

Feel free to download the assembly instructions from M2 antennas. The
problem is that when 9 pair of elements are only 1/16" DIFFERENT,
there are bound to be elements that are the correct length (by
mistake).

As I wrote Patrick, the issue at hand is that when picking the correct
length element, shortly (within two pair) all that is left is the
wrong size. If it were only one or two pair, there would be little or
no confusion. The solution (problem?) would be immediately obvious.

Very, very confusing. I wish I had taken a picture of all 21 pair of
elements on the kitchen counter to demonstrate the problem from a
photographic perspective.

Essentially, the wrong elements are the right size, or maybe the right
element is the wrong size. Either way, there are 14 total pair of
elements wrong.

I determined the problem by analyzing the pattern of element lengths.
Note on the instruction sheet where there are two sets of four
elements each. Those are there, correctly in the pattern sorted by
length. When sorted in this fashion, it becomes obvious what happened.
The jig(s) is(are) off. Great "quality control"!!!

I guess that you could count the wrong elements being the right size
as a win. In my book, that counts the same as aiming at the ground
when you pee.